When the owners of Flightmapping came to us, the website was in sharp decline. TribeWeb helped rebrand and completely reconstruct the site architecture to focus on user experience. Since then traffic is back on the rise and the site has attracted attention as the Daily Mail website of the week and the Telegraph travel website top choice.
Features of this site include:
- Site architecture: The old site had grown bit by bit and had lost its way in terms of design and user experience. A whole new UI was required. This extended to the admin experience to allow the 'flight brothers' to blog and tweet to a much greater degree.
- Design: The centrality of the personalities of the 'flight brothers' emerged as one of the key drivers of the new approach and so a cartoonist was commissioned to capture the brothers and the website was built around the results.
- Migration: The site needed to be migrated wholesale from an ageing platform and so a full data clean up was done and the data and content was imported successfully. The site had to be launched without losing all important traffic so new and old URLs had to be matched or redirected.
- SEO: The old site had suffered at the hands of recent Google updates and so a new approach to on and offsite SEO was instituted.
- Optimisation: The site has had up to 400 hits per hour, so server load, caching, image optimisation and page load speed have all had to be considered and optimised. The site runs on its own cloud server with static content served from a content delivery system.
- Project Management: A project like this has to be managed very carefully to coordinate all the efforts from everyone concerned.
- Client: Flightmapping.com
- Platform used: Joomla | jQuery | DataTables